Man, When I get too much time on my hands (i.e.: when my children are gone) here’s what happens:
1. My laundry stays caught up. This is a good thing.
2. My house stays very neat. This is not such a good thing, because the second they come home I’m astounded at how quickly it becomes a cluttered swamp.
3. My refrigerator empties out. I don’t drink milk or juice, or use bread or butter or cheese when I cook for myself. Today’s inventory: Peaches, Pesto & Pinot Grigio. HAH! Swear to dog, I didn’t plan that.
4. I get all skinny. See #3.
5. I miss having the boys around to cuddle and hug and kiss and run my fingers through their hair.
6. It reminds me of what my uncle’s fiancée said: That being lonely when the kids are gone will make them feel guilty about leaving. She’s probably right, and I should probably start, like, dating or something.